Should international surrogacy be legalized?

1. avatar
    megan

Guys, I’m British and I with my husband, we want to have a baby via surrogate abroad because the conditions in our country are worse than unbearable… we think they are against our rights as parents, in fact. I know many british people pursue it overseas and we’re interested in Ukraine, Greece, even the US if our budget allows for it – we’ve been saving for a while…
    We also think that commercial surrogacy should be legal, why not? We pay money to women who make a spectacle of themselves on tv shows, so why not compensating the tremendous effort a surrogate would do for us? We can’t understand this “feminist” trend of thought that assumes that surrogacy equals exploitation of the rights of women, honestly.
    We are throwing out this question for all of you because we want you to share your opinion and also some advice for those of you who have done it abroad, if any 🙂

09/14/2017 at 18:50
    #339 Reply
  2. avatar
    Patt

Hey megan, I’m so sorry to say this but I think that international surrogacy is dangerous and unfair, and that it leads to the exploitation of poor women. See the example of India… can you see anything positive about it? I don’t think so. In fact, I think that surrogacy equals child trafficking, especially in underdeveloped countries like India, Thailand, Nepal, etc…
    I really hope that surrogacy works for you, but have you considered adoption firstly? Why not adopting a child? You rich people always prefer to buy a brand new one, don’t you?

09/17/2017 at 15:03
    #341 Reply
  3. avatar
    melissa1

Hey! I think surrogacy should be legalized internationally. However, I think it should be properly regulated. I love the laws in Ukraine. It’s going through a bit of a rough patch. But, they have a great procedure for surrogacy. I think that is how it should be worldwide. I’m very much against COMMERCIAL surrogacy which exploits poor people!

08/25/2018 at 19:23
    #3106 Reply
  4. avatar
    bennie

Surrogacy is banned in some countries and in some countries it is legal. Surrogacy should not be banned as it is the last resort for many infertile couples to have a baby. It makes the dream come true for many infertile women to have a baby. No one wants to live without a child. Surrogacy is considered as a false act of reproduction by various people and it is a blessing for many infertile couples as well. There are specific rules and contracts for undergoing surrogacy. It is carried out with proper channels and the contracts are signed before starting this journey. Everyone has his/her own views on it legalization and its prohibition. But it is a blessing for infertile couples.

09/29/2018 at 06:05
    #3336 Reply
We use own cookies and third party cookies to offer you personalized ads and gather statistical data. If you continue the navigation we understand that you accept our cookies policy.